Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am skipping buying a camera since ‘the best camera is the one you have on you’ and upgrading my iPhone 7 to one that is best for taking photos of my dog - action shots and portraits outdoors, in the forest and in the house. I love having the bokeh so the dog is the obvious subject and also the ability to choose which subject to focus on.

Which iPhone is best for this type of photography?

·
Super Moderator
1,751 Posts
Every year the cameras get substantially better, so without any other constraints I'd say go for the latests and greatest. You will probably want one with telephoto if you're after dog pics, so one of the 3 lens iPhones.

Note though that the "SLR Like" bokeh you see in iPhone photos is calculated, it isn't always perfect with animals (or people with long hair) and probably not ideal if the subject isn't still.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased the iPhone 12 pro max, and I am more than satisfied with its features. The only problem I have ever faced with phones was the lack of storage. But, I found out a new hack from How to back up your iPhone to an external hard drive. If you're like me and have many photos, music, and other content on your iPhone, backing up to a local hard drive is ideal. From this website, I learned how to keep and preserve all my data and photos without losing any. Now, I don't even worry about the phone storage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts