Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
CIO of CYA
3,857 Posts
Apple tightly regulates their pricing, so it's probably a pricing error if they are undercutting apple.ca on the new machines which were just announced 3 days ago - it's not like these are previous gen models they're clearing out. If you are planning on buying on of these, I'd jump on it fast. This price is even lower than the US price (which is $1199 for the base 20" if I remember correctly)!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475442

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Impossible deal. It's a typo for sure and they'll catch it soon enough. Good luck getting them to stick to the pricing.

There ain't no way in hell a dealer can sell for that price, it's way below cost and I don't care how many Macs you sell to get better pricing. I call fake.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Didn't think of that, However. Seems about right... good catch. :) I checked the edu price before ordering just to see, and it was $1799, but I forgot to factor in the iPod (which I don't need anyway as I have a new iPod Video).

Keeping my fingers crossed... My nice 24" Dell (NON-glossy) as a main screen + the 24" glossy iMac screen on the side makes for a nice video edit suite.

A7

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
BestBuy online policy:

Fixing errors or misprints

We strive to prevent errors. How we fix them depends on the error. If we find that a product description is incorrect, for example, we'll correct it.

In general, you should know that prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered. Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, BestBuy.ca will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I ordered both variations of the 20-inch because I am not sure which I would take at those prices. But there is no way this deal is going through. There will be a cancellation at some point today.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You can still get $50 off, but that no where near Education pricing.
EDU pricing pin-points the $1299 iMac at $1249 @ Apple.ca EDU store, which is $50 off, which is the same as Best Buy's $50 off offer, obviously.

·
Mac Addict
100 Posts
EDU pricing pin-points the $1299 iMac at $1249 @ Apple.ca EDU store, which is $50 off, which is the same as Best Buy's $50 off offer, obviously.
What I meant by no where near is the iPod, possible printer. You sell that ipod and you're a lot better off.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Damn. Just got the cancellation email. I did get a free $25 gift card for my troubles though. :)

I'm still debating if I should go for the edu version and get the 24" iMac at $1799. My only concern is hard drive space. Not having raid is a bit of a downer, but no e-sata is even worse. FW800 is great, but I'm not sure it'll handle all my HD res video work.

A7

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.