Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The saga continues. Thought this latest missive from Bell may be of interest to some of you.

"Please accept our apologies for any frustration and inconvenience you may have experienced.

Sympatico Member Services does not offer technical support for Netscape Communicator and its e-mail client, Netscape Messenger, on Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows XP (Home and Professional Editions). Due to compatibility
issues between these operating systems and Netscape Communicator, I recommend using Internet Explorer instead.

Netscape 6.2 is currently being tested on Mac OS X and Windows XP. Until we can ensure full compatibility, Sympatico Member Services will only support
Internet Explorer on these systems. "

Any comments? :mad:

·
Registered
719 Posts
a) swinepatico tech support does not know its head from its [email protected]@H**e.

b) What the hell are you doing with Netscape anyway? Safari, safari, safari!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fact that I douse Safari is just one of the facts they have failed to grasp. Apparently, as far as they're concerned, Safari doesn't exist.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
I made some posts on Sympatico/Safari a while back, after the Self Care login stopped working following the redesign of the webpage. Other people made similar posts in other threads.

Ridiculously bad customer service aside, I'm convinced that Sympatico's kissy-poo with Micro$oft has something to do with their insistence that we use IE. I wonder what else will change for us when Sympatico starts running a co-branded portal with Micro$oft.

In any case, if you want to use the old Self Care login, go here. It still works but I wouldn't be surprised to see it disabled one day. Mediocrity Marches On!

·
Registered
153 Posts
you know.. i'm a huge mac guy, but come on!

Safari probably is like 0.5% (at the MOST) of Sympatico's customers. I hate calling in for Shaw for anything, but i understand why they have such a difficult time..
The average mac user is more tech savvy then your average person running windows at home..

perhaps if all the ISPs had one big Mac Call center for everybody's issues..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts