Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the Belkin Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway Router F5D6230 is any good?
Belkin says it works with Apple, appletalk, airport but I haven't found anything here that would give me an idea what this unit is like.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I have a Belkin router in the office. Not sure if it's exactly the same model but I can report that it's a snip to set up (via a web browser). Once it's connected to the internet watch in awe as all your Macs sniff it out and connect effortlessly...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Most routers are compatible with Macs but they do not want to offer support. I have an SMC router that I configure via the web. It does not like my Mac 100% and therefore I need a PC to configure it. There is an error somewhere in the coding and all the Mac web browsers just refresh constantly when trying to program it.

AS for Belkin, I have yet to hear anyone say anything really bad about them, except for the fact that the range is not as good as others. (There is a very small difference)

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Neil yates was selling one. I would have grabbed it, but my bro decided to sell me his. Not sure that it's still up for grabs or not. Sounds like it was all cool, but he could certainly get you some more details. ;)

H!

·
Registered
507 Posts
It works fine on the mac, configurable through Safari, IE, or any other browser. I have it downstairs, and a NetGear 54g WAP upstairs. No problems with Airport Extreme on a 12" AlPB.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
NY, is that still up for grabs dude??

H!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts