Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you Mac users out there are using the Belkin N1 router? I've got a Macbook Pro, and am looking for a good wireless router to get. The Belkin one seems like a pretty good price for a draft-N router (~$90) but I guess it's still a lot of money if it doesn't work well, lol.

Any N1 users out there with comments?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I have tested a number of Belkin routers in the past and they worked just fine, not the fasted thing on the block but they have a great price.

The reason that I have not stocked them or recommended them is that the base settings on some of there routers blocks ports that some games need for internet play. If you are looking for a good priced router I would look at D-Link will be about $20-$30 more but will allow you good security with still allowing you to use it out of the box if you don't like playing with the settings.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another idea just dawned on me...

If I stick to the g speeds.. can I get an Airport Express to use as a wireless router? Or does it only work to extend existing wireless networks?

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Another idea just dawned on me...

If I stick to the g speeds.. can I get an Airport Express to use as a wireless router? Or does it only work to extend existing wireless networks?

That would work just fine for you, and it is so small you can take it with you, although it will only work if you have access to a ethernet port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts