Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two iPhones. My primary phone is, I believe, a 5s.

The second iPhone, a 5 I believe, I use for an alarm clock & checking the time in the night. No SIM & not connected to WiFi.

Worked great for that purpose until this week. Have not changed anything. Beep!

The dang phone beeps, just once, at exactly 3 am. This is enough to startle me awake & that’s the end of my sleep.

Can’t seem to find anything that is amiss in Settings or Extras. Only the basic apps: FindMyMac, Compass, Settings, Reminders, Voice Memos, Calendar, Notes, Home, Photos, Calculator, Messages, Safari, Health, Wallet, App Store, Contacts.

Anybody?

·
Administrator
159 Posts
This won’t fix your beep, but do you use the Do Not Disturb feature of your iPhone when you sleep? I put my iPhone on airplane mode and enable lower power mode while I sleep. I wonder if this will mute your beep. I actually have an automation shortcut created to automatically do this for me.

Have you checked your notifications or your clock for any alarms set? Reminders might be another thing to check. Maybe someone set something up to mess with you

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Vader. I'll have to check to see if airplane mode still allows my alarm to ring. No automation necessary. iPhone 5 has a little switch above the volume buttons.

Spent harf an hour with an Apple tech in Philippines. He was probably half my age (or less) so his first comment was, "You still use an iPhone 5?!?" Hey, this was an upgrade from two tin can & a string!

So I deleted the alarm, restarted the phone, added back the alarm. Either I slept through it or there was no beep!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since the phone is old maybe there is some problems with electric contacts inside it already. Personally I swich on an off alarm and have no problem.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems to have stopped this annoyance with a restart. It's just my alarm phone. Works better than an alarm clock!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts