Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

What is the best food for a bedridden Machead?

• Potato Chips

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Pizza

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Pepperoni Sticks / Beef Jerky

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Trail Mix

• Maltesers

• Fresh Fruit

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Applesauce

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Single Serve Cheese Sticks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Power Bars / Gel Packs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in thread)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Thoughts of you and pain, my mind automatically go to a slightly lower part of the body than the back:D

Sorry to hear about your back no fun anytime but especially at this time of year. Which area of your back blew out?

I would suggest a diet of high fiber carbohydrates fruit/veggies seeds nuts (lay off the juices) and some protein. Depending how the pizza is "built" (whole grain crust and veggie matter) it could be a good choice.

You don't need to build a "porch roof for your pecker" while flat on your back. That will return no favors on your lower back. May you get vertical soon.

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Um I'd say lower fibre....keep the trips to the john to a minimum.

Bananas for sure for potassium.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the recommendations. It's a recurring back injury, and sugery is in the works for a few years from now. I was moving some heavy boxes when I went down like a load of bricks. It was either the weight of the box, or some vengeful ehMac member has a voodoo doll of me.

As for food, I've got a pile of all that junkfood on my bed. My wife went on a shopping trip.

For the fibre stuff, my doctor actually prescribed laxatives, as the pain killers will back me up significantly, and without laxatives, it could lead to more problems.

I should be back on my feet by the weekend.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do we want the fact based history, or religious based history.

Fact: ehMac was born on 2001/07/05

Religious: ehMac was born 6 days ago

Fact: ehMac evolved from an idea to more and more advanced hardware, as more and more people discovered this online community

Religious: ehMac was created by an omnipotent invisible being, and is served to your computer by magic from a magic rock somewhere in Texas.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I'd say Pizza and fresh fruit. One is almost good for you, the other is!:D

·
Premium Member
17,998 Posts
About 15 years ago my back locked up solid - woke up one morning to go to work (4:30am, one of my three part-time jobs in University) and couldn't move. Literally. Freaked me out. Once I was able to move again, my doctor suggested Tai Chi... an amazing, easy exercise routine with nice additional meditative side benefits. I've never had so much as a twinge since...

Oh, and the menu? I agree about the crumbs recommendation, above. Howzabout some nice fruit shakes?

Get well soon.

M

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I voted for Pizza and other.

The other being raw veggies and fruit...especially kolrabi and califlower.:D

and of course, chocolate covered almonds.

Get well soon!

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Chili, burritos, baked beans, and beer.
Having to constantly flutter the blankets will keep your upper body exercised, while providing a bit of therapy for you back.
And, it will provide an atmosphere which will encourage others to leave you alone during this time of suffering. :D

Seriously though, get well soon gt!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
"Feed a cold and starve a fever." How are you feeling, gt?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.