Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
I have a lot of domains, and I'm still moving them. Screw godaddy. They have hinted that they will support it in the future.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
A further problem here is that the Obama Administration has been extremely keen on increasing control over the Internet and its content. They're unlikely to be moved by any rational argument against SOPA--it will be best to merely state: "We will haul your ass out of office if you vote for this."

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
And where BO goes Harpo meekly follows. Impossible to avoid with his head stuck so far up BOs heine.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
And where BO goes Harpo meekly follows. Impossible to avoid with his head stuck so far up BOs heine.
yeah that has to frustrate the Obama obsessives to no end! :lmao:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Finally some sensible legislation:

Dutch Parliament: Downloading Movies and Music Will Stay Legal

In an attempt to reduce widespread piracy in the Netherlands, the government there recently introduced a plan that would make downloading movies and music unlawful. However, this proposal was binned yesterday by a motion from the Dutch parliament due to concerns it would restrict the free flow of information, invade the privacy of citizens and invite copyright trolls. Instead, they encourage the entertainment industry to focus their attention on providing authorized alternatives.
http://torrentfreak.com/dutch-parli...tm_campaign=Feed:+Torrentfreak+(Torrentfreak)

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Finally some sensible legislation
Agrees. Bringing the Draconian forces of government to turn ordinary citizens into felons is a losing proposition. When these companies decided to digitize their entertainment, then provide products that would help to easily distribute them, the horse left the barn on the old business models.

·
Registered
853 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
So, basically if SOPA passes the entire internet will be like ehMac? If the people with the money don't like what you have to say then it'll get deleted? :D
Pretty much.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, basically if SOPA passes the entire internet will be like ehMac? If the people with the money don't like what you have to say then it'll get deleted? :D
What you just said above is a perfect example of a slanderous, and inaccurate comment.

If SOPA passes, and you said that about another company or the government and they raised a big fuss, they could come after me as owner of the site, and force my internet provider to cut service and companies like Google who provide ads to stop providing their service. They could also much more easily, go after you personally and sue you.

ehMac is a service that has basic rules and guidelines that YOU agreed to when you joined this service. A very basic one is showing common courtesy and not attacking the character of other members who use this service. If you don't like this, you a perfectly free to leave this free service that you voluntarily joined.

This applies to all members of ehMac, and is not affected by anyone providing money to ehMac as you're implying. This is a slanderous comment that I take very, very seriously and will take any steps necessary, including legal ones if I have to, to defend against those falsely attacking my name or the name of this site. I strongly suggest you retract this 100% false and inaccurate statement.

To be perfectly clear, if one donates to ehMac, upgrades their membership, or advertises on the site, they do not get any special treatment in regards to the rules and are not given the right to insult or attack other ehMac members. In the history of ehMac, there has not been a single instance where I've done that.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts