Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, this is the original iPad.

The battery is toast but I do love using it for the lyrics etc that I use for music performances.

Apple won't touch it - too old for them they say.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a repair place that might be willing to take this on ...

Thanks

·
Administrator
231 Posts
Yes, this is the original iPad.

The battery is toast but I do love using it for the lyrics etc that I use for music performances.

Apple won't touch it - too old for them they say.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a repair place that might be willing to take this on ...

Thanks
You could search for iPad repair places in your area and call them. Ifixit has repair kits on their website to repair your model of iPad. If you want to try and attempt the repair yourself.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ifixit couldn't help as they do not ship to Canada. However, I did come across a Mississauga-based company - esourceparts.ca. They have all sorts of batteries and parts for older machines. They do carry batteries for my old iPad (1G) and they have a repair unit that will do the install. I spoke with Jason and he was very helpful. They are waiting for a part after which they will do the battery install. I'm really chuffed to have found these guys.

·
Premium Member
15,721 Posts
Let us know how it goes.

Ifixit couldn't help as they do not ship to Canada. However, I did come across a Mississauga-based company - esourceparts.ca. They have all sorts of batteries and parts for older machines. They do carry batteries for my old iPad (1G) and they have a repair unit that will do the install. I spoke with Jason and he was very helpful. They are waiting for a part after which they will do the battery install. I'm really chuffed to have found these guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts