Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth it to get a second battery for a new PowerBook or iBook?

I know the old PBG3s, you could hold two batteries, so it was a nice thing for those, but for the new computers, is it worth it?

I do plan on using the battery extensively, as then there are no wires, and I can get work done without having to find a place to plug in.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,140 Posts
I have two but only so that I can work beyond 2.5-3 hrs on a plane, etc (or listen to music, watch a movie). LiIon batteries decay over time regardless of their usage so don't buy one and pop it in a drawer as it'll slowly lose total charge capacity. I rotate mine regularly when not travelling. Both were bought at the same time. After 15 months, one holds only 60% of the charge of the other.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Agree + you do get a lot of extra mileage if you dim the screen and disconnect airport (even temporarily), switch off blue tooth, etc.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can't comment on Powerbooks.
Our 14" 800 iBook gets amazing battery life if you turn off the airport. 5 hours+ if you aren't using the CDRW drive. So we really haven't needed a second battery.
I suppose it depends on your type of usage eh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.