Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any or you Torontonians are following this?

Seems to be right out of Hollywood.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a political murder - they were liberals that were paying cash for access and they didn't want to get caught.. so they began to protect Trudope and his stupidity - but they were caught.
I hope you understand you are not going to be paid for this post.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,495 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's crazy

So far I've read,

They sued all the contractors that built their house. They recovered through lawsuits $2 Million of the $2.3 Million it cost to build. 2 lawsuits outstanding.

House was for sale, at a huge mark up/profit. $6.9 Million. Well maybe not for Toronto. Enough to make the contractors furious I'm sure.

He and his company had been involved in 150 lawsuits.

The purchase of first company with the promise of jobs and shares for his family.

The suspicious deaths (obviously)

The families reactions

The private investigators and lawyer (Greenspan)

The lobbying

His personality

Crazy crazy

·
Premium Member
42,495 Posts
The lawsuit regarding the promised jobs seemed frivolous to me.

A billion-dollar company involved in lawsuits is normal.

If anyone wanted to punish him, then killing his wife would seem to be the best option--not both of them. And in such a way as to net no money?

It's crazy

So far I've read,

They sued all the contractors that built their house. They recovered through lawsuits $2 Million of the $2.3 Million it cost to build. 2 lawsuits outstanding.

House was for sale, at a huge mark up/profit. $6.9 Million. Well maybe not for Toronto. Enough to make the contractors furious I'm sure.

He and his company had been involved in 150 lawsuits.

The purchase of first company with the promise of jobs and shares for his family.

The suspicious deaths (obviously)

The families reactions

The private investigators and lawyer (Greenspan)

The lobbying

His personality

Crazy crazy

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The lawsuit regarding the promised jobs seemed frivolous to me.

A billion-dollar company involved in lawsuits is normal.

If anyone wanted to punish him, then killing his wife would seem to be the best option--not both of them. And in such a way as to net no money?
I agree.

I've read that one of the bodies may have been moved and then re-hung in the pool room. I'm not sure if that why they suspect murder-suicide or if it's why the kids are adamant about foul play. Or both.

I hear you about the lawsuits. But the number seems large. It's been a source of reporting so it's a high number or just something to report. They've also interviewed his collogues and friends who have been quotes saying Barry loved to sue. But again maybe all executives do. Not the circles I travel in.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Barry and Honey Sherman victims of 'targeted' double killing, police say

TORONTO — Billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife Honey were victims of a targeted double killing, Toronto police said on Friday.

Det. Sgt. Susan Gomes, of the homicide squad, said thousands of hours of investigation have led police to that conclusion in a case that has grabbed public attention both for who the high-profile victims were and the mystery surrounding how they died.

"I believe in the six weeks of evidence that we've obtained that they were targeted," Gomes said. "Honey and Barry Sherman were found deceased in the lower-level pool area, hanging by belts from a poolside railing in a semi-seated position on the pool deck."

Barry Sherman, 75, founder of Canadian pharmaceutical giant Apotex, and Honey Sherman, 70, were dressed when found, police said.

Autopsy results revealed they died by "ligature neck compression," Gomes said. However, it was initially unclear whether the couple died by double-suicide, homicide-suicide, or double-homicide, leading police to initially classify the deaths as "suspicious."

"Facts guide our focus," Gomes said. "Conjecture and speculation have no place."

(Yahoo)​

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It\s crazy.

I'm up on this. The private investigators came to this conclusion a couple days before the police release. So I wonder if family's own independent investigation influenced the police.

I am sure one day will be a movie.

It's like the Canadian foxcatcher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts