Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an adapter off of "jackyk" last week, but when I received it, it was the wrong item. He said he didn't know, so I asked him for a refund. He wouldn't give me one and told me to just resell it. I asked for $5 in compensation for his mistake and the inconvenience of me having to resell the wrong item he gave me. He wouldn't comply and stated this...

"I'm sorry, I can't refund you. If I have to pay you $5 for the trouble of finding another buyer, shouldn't I have gotten $5 for finding you and another $5 for the hassle of refunding?

You should have made sure it was the correct adapter. Take it as a learning experience. I've been scammed out of a lot more before. You still got an item for your money which you can sell off again. Take care and good luck"

That's a load of BS as it's his fault for sending the wrong item.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jackyk said:
It was an honoust mistake. I just assumed it was DVI... they look the exact same. It's not like I sent you an extension chord and advertised it as an Apple mini DVI to VGA adapter.

And I also told you, I am about to move so I don't want to have mail get sent to my previous apartment and have the adapter lost and my money. Moreover, I'm also in the middle of exams (which I have to go to in half an hour). So, yes, I sincerely do apologize, I had no intentions of taking your money or sending you something completely different. But giving a refund at this time doesn't seem reasonable over something this insignificant. That's why I suggested that you sell it now, to get the money back instead of waiting till I can do anything.
I'm not pointing you out that you made a mistake. It's that you didn't own up to it and now I have lost $20 and have an adapter I have no use for. If it's so insignificant to you then give my money back and I'll give your adapter back.

And PS: mini-vga to vga adapters usually sell for less on forums than mini-dvi to vga.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
We're discussing it over email right now so hopefully this ends smoothly. It isn't a large chunk of money but it is still money that I don't have the luxury to throw around (poor student!).

Thanks everyone, I'll update you on what happens.

UPDATE: Issue has been resolved. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.