Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't quite remember the name of the store just off Calgary Trail. "Macappdealer?"

I chatted with the sales guy for just a minute about general Mac stuff, I mentioned that I was "mostly just looking" but on the hunt for a good deal. As soon as I mentioned "I'm new to Mac - I've always been a Windows guy" he sat down at his station and snorted, "well you must like viruses then." He then completely ignored me, even when I stated, "I was going to say I've been thinking about switching for a while now." Still ignored.

I turned to the only other customer in the store and said politely, "Well, since I've been summarily dismissed I guess I'll buy my first mac elsewhere."

He had seen the whole thing and, also politely, mentioned I should go to Westworld Computers - they're very good there. ;)

Hope THEY're not a bunch of rude, arrogant snots. :ptptptptp

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
It's unlikely, but if there are a few mac dealers with similar names, they've all been smeared now. Having the right name is helpful.

Since it's time to buy, check out Apple Canada , it's great for comparison, lots of people shop directly from there, especially if they are educational purchasers, and the refurbs are excellent, well-priced and fully warranteed. Hope things get better shopping-wise.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mymacdealer?

Was it mymacdealer? Just south of Whyte Ave on Calgary Trail?

If that's the place, I've been sorely disappointed there too. I've been in there twice, cash in hand, looking for something specific only to come across a couple of guys who don't seem to care to make a sale to save their lives. I'm actually surprised that they're still there - it seems they've made it through a couple of years now. Definitely stick to Westworld or London Drugs as mentioned previously. I love to have more choices and to see more Apple retailers spread around the city, but not if they're treating paying customers like crap.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
That would be MyMacDealer indeed. They have the same level of service in Calgary.

WestWorld is the place to go, though I have a friend whose mom has had bad service from their service side. I deal with them in Calgary, though I used to work there so I am able to scale my way through the channels if needed :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow. I'm surprised.

I've been to both stores but mostly the Calgary store, and I've never seen that. I can only hope that you were there when someone had a bad day and that it's not a regular approach to business. We're all human and I know I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but I also mention their behaviour at the time of the incident.

Here's hoping that it was a one-off situation but I would certainly call and speak with the manager if I were you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts