Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For our commercial print shop we are upgrading everything and trying to make things alot smoother in how we manage files. I need a good program, preferable free. Something simple to back up our files. Currently I have to stuff 2 gig of info inorder to fit everything onto a DVD-RW. The total amount of files without stuffing is around 4.7 gig. How can I go about backing it up to DVD-RW without having to copy first the the DVD-RW first, then burning?
Another question, is it possible to network a tape drive for at least 3 computers, 1 mac, 2 Win. I would like in the future to have one computer back everything up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hello,

The easist thing I can suggest is to buy a Firewire hard drive (two is preferred) and write an Apple Script to copy all of your files over to your new firewire drive sometime during the day.

If you have two drives then you can switch off the back-ups. That way you would never be more than two days behind in a worst case senario.

You do not have to be at the computer you are using to do this either, you can always do it over a network.

Hope this helps.

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts