Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple has made available a couple of new offerings to .Mac subscribers. The first is a beta version of Backup 2.0. I tested it out last night and I'm pleased overall, especially with the feature that lets you backup to an iPod or portable FireWire drive. All it needs now is a way for users to add their own custom-designed QuickPicks and this thing could be a winner.

I wish I could say something nice about StickyBrain. This app is quite simply a mess. When it loads for the first time, it overwhelms with all kinds of sticky notes and pallets yet never really explains the problem that it proposes to solve. Next, it commits what I consider to be a cardinal sin in application design. Right from the get-go, it installs itself in contextual menus everywhere on your Mac, in Safari's bookmarks, in the right-click menu on a host of applications, in the login list, among other places. Worse still, it doesn't offer a way to disable this nuisance. Even uninstalling the thing was an unnecessary chore, and required that I conduct a search for pref files that were scattered everywhere. Good thing it was a freebie...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts