Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last email from microsoft... REALLY pissed since the suite is available EVERYWHERE !

Microsoft Corp Order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Item ID #GZA-00006 OFFICE MAC HOME STUDENT 2008 EN DVD

The new expected ship date for your product is 3/3/2008.

If you still wish to receive this product, if available by the new expected ship date shown above, please let us know by responding to this e-mail and placing an X in front of option #1 below, or by contacting our customer service department at 866-695-0779. If you do not respond to this e-mail or contact our customer service department within 30 days, your order will be cancelled and a refund issued, if applicable.

WTF !!!! It's available everywhere !!!!

Full of BS.... :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,073 Posts
Really? Microsoft screwed you?? That's SO unlike them ...

Okay, sorry, I don't intend to be mean. I've never known anyone to order from MS directly when they could avoid it.

Still, at least there's a simple solution: since it's "everywhere," run out and buy one, then download the form and go from there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Last email from microsoft... REALLY pissed since the suite is available EVERYWHERE !

Microsoft Corp Order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Item ID #GZA-00006 OFFICE MAC HOME STUDENT 2008 EN DVD

The new expected ship date for your product is 3/3/2008.

If you still wish to receive this product, if available by the new expected ship date shown above, please let us know by responding to this e-mail and placing an X in front of option #1 below, or by contacting our customer service department at 866-695-0779. If you do not respond to this e-mail or contact our customer service department within 30 days, your order will be cancelled and a refund issued, if applicable.

WTF !!!! It's available everywhere !!!!

Full of BS.... :mad:
You wanted to order right from Microsoft...so enjoy the BS; it's part of their wonderful service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No no, you don't get it: to be able to have the Super suite deal, you HAD to go with MS.

Here what it was: I wanted a "official version" of Office 2008. To do that, you had to buy the 2004 version, send them paper work (online) and get the 2008 free of charge+shipping costs (around 10$). So here it is. I bought the 2004 on "black friday" (day after thanksgiving in the US) for 125$. Because of that, I had a 100$ rebate. So: 25$ for the 2004 version. Send MS the paperwork to get the 2008 for only the shipping costs (10$) and here it is !

Therefore 125$-100$+10$: 35$ for an official 2008 version. Quite good and really cheap. You're right, avoiding direct MS contacts is the way to go. However, this time, it was not possible.

THAT'S WHY I HAD TO GO WITH MS. So please guys, be nicer next time... ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's exactly why I did it !
35$ and I'll be fine in WI-Fi hotspots... (no more message saying that this or this person have an already open version of Office 2004, bla bla bla)

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
That's exactly why I did it !
35$ and I'll be fine in WI-Fi hotspots... (no more message saying that this or this person have an already open version of Office 2004, bla bla bla)
1) Microsoft doesn't have an online store. They direct you to other retailers.

2) You are not waiting for a full retail version that is available everywhere but rather the promotional version upgrade DVD which are two different things when it comes to fulfillment. It's down to logistics that MS has never been good at themselves. They instead contract someone to do it for them. It's like trying to get any mail in rebate - it takes forever!

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I did this sort of upgrade before, I purchased Office XP for Windows and they offered a free upgrade to Office 2003 with $10 shipping. I got 2003 around 6 weeks after it was released but I didn't really care because XP worked just fine for me until then. Just be patient...

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,299 Posts
Man, now I just havee to make a decision about which Microsoft Office 2008 version to buy. There's like 4-5 different versions. I hate making decisions. I have to make decisions at work... I don't want to make decisions when I get home. .... I think I'll just buy the cheapest version, the Home and Student version.

That Apple commercial about Vista versions is so true... you go to Apple, there's 1 version, ok 2, if you count the Server version. No decisions to make. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nop ! This is NOT an upgrade. This is the real retail version of the software.

SUPER SUITE DEAL. You should be able by the SKU to see that it is the real retail version, not upgrade, complete software.

For example, google GZA-00006. You'll see that it is in fact the complete Student & Teacher's edition. Not an upgrade.

Anyways, the point of this thread was perhaps just to complaint about the BS of MS. I really like Office for Mac. I really do. But MS is just pushing their luck and make us download hacked version because of delays-problems-prices like this.

;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Super" Suite Deal

I bought the same deal as you Philly. Although my e mail said I only had to wait until February 18th. My next e mail from them will probably tell me March 3rd. This is a load of crap. How can it be backordered when I can go to 1000 different websites and get it the next day. I think they want people to get so frustrated with waiting that they cancel their order and go pay full price for it. This is a WEAK move on MS's part. Another reason why I am happy to be with a MAC.

·
Registered
466 Posts
so...how can I get a deal? Pls...

wow that's an awesome deal!
for $35 i could wait a couple of months
you can use 2004, which is fine except it's just a tad slow

Hi,

I already have Office Student/Teacher Version 2004 so how can I get the next office suite for cheap....I don't care if I have to waite for a good deal like this.

Do you guys know a link or a form I gotta fill to get the deal?

I checked at Mactopia.com but, didn't see the deal there.

Thanks for your help & good luck with your order!

Cheers.;) :D :clap:
davidslegend

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Was there supposed to be something that I need to send it? The only thing that I got was the original email that said my order would be sent out 6-8 weeks after the product was released.

How do they know what my 2004 MS Office serial number was?

Of course I can't find a customer service number anywhere...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now THATS! a Deal!

No no, you don't get it: to be able to have the Super suite deal, you HAD to go with MS.

Here what it was: I wanted a "official version" of Office 2008. To do that, you had to buy the 2004 version, send them paper work (online) and get the 2008 free of charge+shipping costs (around 10$). So here it is. I bought the 2004 on "black friday" (day after thanksgiving in the US) for 125$. Because of that, I had a 100$ rebate. So: 25$ for the 2004 version. Send MS the paperwork to get the 2008 for only the shipping costs (10$) and here it is !

Therefore 125$-100$+10$: 35$ for an official 2008 version. Quite good and really cheap. You're right, avoiding direct MS contacts is the way to go. However, this time, it was not possible.

THAT'S WHY I HAD TO GO WITH MS. So please guys, be nicer next time... ;)
Congrates! Nice deal. And according to MS, the $10 Office is not the low-end Home & Student, but the high-end Office package worth major $$$. I considered this, but in the end decided I don't want or need all the bells and whistles of the high-end version and didn't want to wait, so will just buy the Home & Student version. Now if I could have gotten 2004 for $25, that would change everything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.