Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're right in the thick of back-to-school shopping for many students and parents of students. Thought we'd start a thread on any Mac or iOS back-to-school specials or deals that ehMacians might come across.

Apple is having their annual back-to-school special and this year's is similar to last years, with their Buy a Mac with Education Pricing and receive a $100 Back to School Card which can be used in the iTunes Store or App Store for apps, books, music and movies.

Apple's sale goes until September 21st.

Best Buy has a back-to-school special for iMacs with $50 off any iMac until August 23rd.
Best Buy also advertises that they will beat any price online or elsewhere plus mark off 10% of the difference.

Zagg is having a 20% off back-to-school iPad bundle.

Adobe Canada has steep education discounts on all their products.

Mostly Digital on London, Ontario is having a "One Day Massive Sale" on Thursday, August 23rd.

Anyone else find any other Mac or tech related back-to-school deals? Please post in this thread!

Canada Mac dealers, or Mac vendors, feel free to post any specials you are having in this thread!

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
I remember when Back to School meant pencils, pens, paper notebooks, binders, duo tangs, loose leaf, etc...

I don't know how today's parents can afford Back to School these days...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember when Back to School meant pencils, pens, paper notebooks, binders, duo tangs, loose leaf, etc...

I don't know how today's parents can afford Back to School these days...
Tell me about it! Read this US study this morning:

With more children entering elementary and middle school this fall and after cutting back their spending last year, parents with growing children will hit the stores this summer to replace and replenish what their children might have had to “make-do” with last school season. According to NRF’s 2012 Back-to-School spending survey conducted by BIGinsight, the average person with children in grades K-12 will spend $688.62 on their children, up from $603.63 last year. Total spending is expected to reach $30.3 billion.

Combined K-12 and college spending will reach $83.8 billion, serving as the second biggest consumer spending event for retailers behind the winter holidays.
Not surprising, parents will spend the most on clothing, accessories and electronics this summer. Realistic about the cost of select items and the necessities needed for the school year, parents estimate they will spend an average of $246.10 on clothes and $217.88 on electronics. Nearly six in 10 (59.6%) will invest in some sort of electronic device, a sharp increase from the 51.9 percent who planned to do so last year.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait, there's more...

Orlando Bloom.

Eva Longoria.

Mel B.

It's all the rage. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
Do we want reports of happy educational back-to-school customers? We're 3 educational Macs in this year, happy for the educational discount (still missing the free iPod equivalent) and now with two extra superfluous iTunes/Mac App gift cards...

Thanks Apple!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts