ehMac banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey ehmac folks,

We are a Canadian developers and thought this great forum might be a good place to tell you a bit about our iPhone / iPad app that is being released today (the iPad portion was out previously).

Our iPad/iPhone App Musix is a customizable isomorphic keyboard. This means that a non-musical person can learn how to play every major and minor chord in under 5 minutes (this would take weeks or years on a piano). The nature of the note layouts turns playing music into making shapes. This allows a non-musician to pick up the device and with 5 minutes of instruction play along with a band or with chords from any song (such as guitar chord tabs).

People love music and most people would love to play but don't have the time to practice or learn. With Musix the time can be dramatically decreased allowing you to enjoy playing music rather than dread the work needed to learn it.

There are a couple comparable Apps on the store (Hex OSC, Hex Jam HD) but ours is much cheaper and has many more features (and we think it just plain looks nicer).

Here are some promo code for us Canadians:

YFMR76K6TMYE
6XFMF9Y4A9NW
NJF7M7WWWPNF

The link to the app on the store is here

Here is a quick demo

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

A quick song demonstration:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

As well, you catch more videos at: shiverware.com

Thanks again,
Brett Park
Shiverware Interactive Software Developments

·
tilting at windmills
3,667 Posts
When I search for this app in my iPhone, it shows up as a paid app. How do I download this as a free app using the promo codes you have so kindly given us here?

Also, a gently criticism if I may be permitted to offer one - your post here is good, except for the word "epic". That makes your whole post very insincere and condescending. Please omit that word when you post elsewhere.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey tilt,

If your on an iPhone or iPad go to the app store and there should be a redeem button at the bottom. That is where you put the code in. If you are on the mac, open iTunes and go to the iTunes store. Click on the little drop down arrow beside your username in the top right corner. One of the options will be redeem. Essentially its the same as redeeming a gift card.

As for "epic" thanks for the comment, I changed it to great. However, I honestly did mean it. I have been reading/using this forum for almost 7 years (although not posting). It's been a great resources for mac stuff including buying and selling.

Hope the code works for you.

·
Registered
563 Posts
When I search for this app in my iPhone, it shows up as a paid app. How do I download this as a free app using the promo codes you have so kindly given us here?

Also, a gently criticism if I may be permitted to offer one - your post here is good, except for the word "epic". That makes your whole post very insincere and condescending. Please omit that word when you post elsewhere.

Cheers
Redeem.

It is a pretty epic app.

·
tilting at windmills
3,667 Posts
crymsan;1055695If you are on the mac said:
Redeem.

It is a pretty epic app.
Gents, thank you both very much and please accept my apologies for being such a novice.

Regarding the "epic" and your subsequent changing it to "great", thank you. However, it still comes across as very artificial, even if you do sincerely mean it. My suggestion was for you to completely eschew (or, stop using - to put it in words that today's kids would understand) any such terms in the interest of not appearing to be obsequious (or, to put in in todays kids' English - arse-kissing).

Thank you once again Crymsan for you excellent work - I sincerely appreciate it as a fe,low music lover who cannot play an instrument to save his life.

Cheers

·
Registered
563 Posts
Regarding the "epic" and your subsequent changing it to "great", thank you. However, it still comes across as very artificial, even if you do sincerely mean it. My suggestion was for you to completely eschew (or, stop using - to put it in words that today's kids would understand) any such terms in the interest of not appearing to be obsequious (or, to put in in todays kids' English - arse-kissing).
There was nothing wrong with either the first post or it's adjustment, to put it in today's kids' English, get over it!

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
tilt I have to say I see nothing wrong with the posts the way they were made. It is OK to be excited and ebullient about something that you think it cool or amazing or great.

Having watched the videos I have say I think this software does look great, can't wait until I get my iPad 2.1, whenever they come out.

·
tilting at windmills
3,667 Posts
tilt I have to say I see nothing wrong with the posts the way they were made. It is OK to be excited and ebullient about something that you think it cool or amazing or great.

Having watched the videos I have say I think this software does look great, can't wait until I get my iPad 2.1, whenever they come out.
Screature, I agree - the software is indeed great, and I did express my appreciation to Crymsan. My intention in offering criticism was to be constructive, hence my use of the phrase "Also, a gently criticism if I may be permitted to offer one...".

There was nothing wrong with either the first post or it's adjustment, to put it in today's kids' English, get over it!
My snarky comment about today's kids was indeed uncalled for, sincere apologies to Crymsan. Other than that, Liam, I still stand by my comment. There was nothing "wrong" about Crymsan's post; I was merely commenting on how it is possible to have a negative perception of his use of the word "epic" (seemed a bit over the top) to describe EhMac and tried to help him prevent that perception from occurring.

However, I have learnt my lesson. henceforth I shall resist the urge to help when it is not explicitly requested.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I'm into music, Bass player, at first glance and the " 20 second claim " this App looks like it could be very useful to me, I followed the link to iTunes and the pull down menu does not give any option to enter a promo code.
crymsan, send me a PM and please help me out.

Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sob, I also can't find a spot to enter a promo code. It looks like a fun app. I've been going through the process of following the piano lessons included in Garage Band v. 6. I'd love to learn the chords also through Musix.

·
tilting at windmills
3,667 Posts
I have a proposition:

I love the app, but since I do not have an iPad and my fat fingers are unable to make the most of the app on an iPhone, I am unable to use the app the way I would like to. Therefore, I would like to uninstall the app from my iPhone and pass on whatever promo code I used (I do not know how to find it) to someone else here who would actually use the app fully.

Crymsan, any ideas on how this might be made possible?

Thanks and cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts