Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ThinkSecret has a story that AutoDesk may be considering a version of AutoCAD for Mac OS X. This would be an extremely positive event for the Mac platform. If you have any real personal interest seeing this product available for the Mac, I urge you to send a VERY POLITE letter to the email address in the story.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
When was the last time they had a fully supported version for the Mac? I remember it from years ago (I think), but I can't remember the last time I heard anything about it...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah, there was a first attempt at a port way back in ... geeze I was at NSA back then ... 91, 92?

We tried it on a state of the art Macintosh II with a monster Radius monitor, and the architects didn't find it a rewarding experience.

Hope this attempt is better!

John

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
You think they would offer a competitive upgrade from a Windows version to the new Mac version (assuming a Mac version happens)?

That wold be cool.

--PB

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Now if AutoDesk would also consider Inventor and if SolidWorks would do the same, I could switch all of my machines at work back to the Mac and shut up all of the Pee Cee guys there.

"See how much better Mac OS X is over Windoze? It doesn't crash. Oh Yeah. And the hardware works too."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.