Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin got a new ipod mini last week and she said it's no longer turning on. She's had it for less than a week now and has tried he troubleshooting on the Apple website. Can you guys list off some phone numbers or names of Authorized repair centre's in downtown Toronto?

-Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
My iPod went down a while ago. Did all the troubleshooting I could find with no luck. Called Apple and they were to send a courier package for me to send the iPod in for repair/replacement. Not wanting to wait, I called an Authorized reseller who stated that all iPod repairs were done by Apple and not locally and that exchanges had to go through Apple.

Now, i read somewhere on the web that if you went into an Apple Store (like, as in THEIR stores -- like Yorkdale's) you might be able to get an exchange on the spot. Well, I called the Yorkdale store. They said to come in to let one of their Geniuses have a look at it. The Genius was unable to resurrect the iPod and would have to send it in. I then belly-ached about me needing the iPod for critical work, transferring files on it as a hard drive for work. I asked for an exchange. He asked the manager... and I GOT ONE!

They didn't have a 20GB monochrome iPod for an exact exchange in stock. So, I paid the difference for a 30GB iPod Photo.

Give it a shot!

http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/yorkdale/week/20050904.html

(FWIW, I didn't bring in any bundled acessories, like the charger, cable or headphones. They didn't care and I got the extra stuff with the replacement)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
My cousin got a new ipod mini last week and she said it's no longer turning on. She's had it for less than a week now and has tried he troubleshooting on the Apple website. Can you guys list off some phone numbers or names of Authorized repair centre's in downtown Toronto?

-Thanks!
Eaton Center.

Non-official Apple Stores do not repair iPods, contrary to the list of AASP's listed by a user above.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
The question was for Mac parts, so may not involve the ancient iPod post.
Ah. Ancient thread. :rolleyes:

As for Mac parts, pretty much any AASP (though Apple parts through AASP's are usually pricey for any major part).

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
Perhaps they are just too busy to have a website that doesn't look like it was created and abandoned one afternoon in 1997?

I wouldn't use a place like that without a ton of positive reviews, word of mouth--more than that.

I couldn't find a single review and barely a reference to that place. I would avoid trusting them with a computer fix, although perhaps they have some parts beyond power bars...

Still you'd be better off posting a want ad on ehMac in the first place.

Not an AASP, but these folks showed up in my area and they say they do Mac repairs.

http://www.askcomputers.ca/s.html

I have no idea what the quality of their repair work is (I've only stopped in to pick up a power bar) but it cannot hurt to check if they can get parts and at what price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts