Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering as I prep to install Peak LE, should I partition the HD?? I just noticed that I posted about a year ago about recording, and I have yet to make it happen. Well, I'm getting some goodies today to do so. And, I'll be doing much more just as i did a few weeks ago - 8-10 hrs of music on MD that I will be transfering over to edit and burn.

I know there are a few Audio Pros out here, if you have any recs, pls by all means. I need some schooling. As well, anyone doing any rec on a lap, I would love to hear some more testimonials.

On a lap, am I fine with the internal HD @ 4200. I have my doubts... :confused:

Anyhow, going to be editing on the Pismo tonight. Wish me luck!

H!

·
Registered
590 Posts
With my experience a 4200rpm drive can get a bit laggy with with audio and video. But it shouldn't be to bad unless you want to to do some pro audio stuff. I don't know the size of your drive, so I can't really I can't really say if you should partition it. But better yet is to grab yourself a 80 or 100 GB FW drive. IF you have a small 20-40 GB you probably shouldn't partition. I find that the search time is increases when drives are partition though.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I'm about to get my hands on a new PB and I think that I might go the BTO route and get the 80G (thinking about it) - that I would partition. I might still get the Ext as I think that I'll rec on the internal and edit on the ext. I say this as I'll be working with lrg files. I rec'd these DJs in one take: say 100-120 mins @ a time. I want to edit the track down to 2 60 min waves, normalize/compress and then mark them and burn. But I will be working with large waves files - and I'm assuming that I'll be pushing both the cpu and HD to max... not trying to have a kit kat break between edits ;) . Feel me??

H!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts