Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Via Metafilter:
Steve Jobs has received tremendous positive press for only accepting one dollar per year as payment for his CEO services at Apple. How does he do it, you ask? Well, he supplements his income by a) being a billionaire, and b) renting out his corporate jet to Apple, at a cost of over 1.2 million dollars, over the past two years. Which is an exceptionally generous rental fee considering that Apple itself paid $90 million for the jet, which it bought for Jobs in May of 2001. This data was disclosed along in the most recent quarterly report in which Apple announced layoffs of 260 employees, none of whom were given a jet.

For an interesting insight inside Apple:
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/5152110.htm

·
Canadian By Choice
117,502 Posts
Ms.C., I also wonder what the income tax implications are pertaining to a $1 salary, vs options vs payment-in-kind vs whatever his source of income is each year?

Bjornbro, lottery winnings in the US are taxable. How far have you gotten in the Monster Thread? How is your little one???

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
If I was Steve Jobs, I'd take my last three years salary and head on over to Jack in the Box and get myself one of them Sourdough Jack's.

Them Sourdough Jacks are real gooood...

There'd prolly be some change, too!!

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I like those things too! They're really good! Maybe he could pony up for a soft drink, as well, by getting an advance on next years salary?
:eek: :D

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Don't forget Jobs also gets a salary from Pixar.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,502 Posts
There is one thing I truly respect about "the Woz", namely that he gives back to society. Whether it is teaching children about computers, or how to play the guitar, he has never utilized his wealth to gain power and glorified recognition for himself. Then, of course, there are his three mini-doxies. Still, I respected the man long before I ever came to own (or be owned) by my doxies. He is not obligated to do this for others, but, rather, I feel that he does it because he wants to freely share his expertise and passions with others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts