Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does this new G5 keyboard suck the big one?

I'm constantly making spelling mistakes with this damn thing....

I wonder if that nice all white Microsoft Special Edition keyboard is still available?

Anyone else hate this friggin' thing too?

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I'm still using my made in Mexico ADB Apple Keyboard II,
Still works great and uses very little desk space.
There is a very nice USB keyboard that I saw made by
Kensington that looks just like it, Except it's in black
instead of the dirty beige that I have.

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went from the black keyed G4 keyboard to the new white G5 board so I'm very happy again. I work as an editor in low light and the brighter keys make me smile. As for the performance it's above average. The white keyboards that came with the last generation G4s are more to my liking. But they are the same as my old black one but with white keys. I wonder why Apple decided to change to such a different design with the G5s. The keyboards since the B&W G3s until the G4 white board all felt the same to me. I also preferred the USB ports on the sides over the back.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
I can't stand Apple keyboards since the iMac came out.

The keys are too short so the spacing between them is wrong and the f keys are way too tight to the top row.
Microsoft makes the best keyboards and the best software for them. The SE Wireless has a terrific look and touch and the software works in both 9 and X .
Good stuff.
I was puzzled as well why Apple went to the G5 style - it was a step back off the White Pro which at least was visible.

BTW for those in low light situations we picked up some Flexlights that plug into a USB port - useful.
Nice with the front USB port on the G5..love those front ports

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
i love apple keyboards - the smaller the better.

i like how on my g4 sawtooth keyboard the distance between the right command key and the left arrow is so short due the cursor keys not being on their own little island. great instead of grabbing the mouse to hit the back button while surfing.

sigh. i really should get hobby or something...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts