Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

My ISP is having some issue, service is down and has been since SUNDAY! :rolleyes:

This could not have come @ a worst time. This is one of my small biz addresses (rec label) and have been making appts for a Jan biz trip to FRA. I have this scary feeling that there might be more than just tech issues... no one has picked up the phone, there's an endless hold loop, the 24/7 tech v.mail is full and is no longer taking messages. :rolleyes:

In case these cats were gone belly up (as I fear this can happen to any tech co.), what is my recourse?? Can I just peel my domain name from them and bounce? They registered it on my behalf. Not sure how clear this is... just pretty nervous right now as my emails came back as a non-existing domain - I can just imagine what my biz associates are thinking! :rolleyes: :mad: . Anyhow, anyone with insight, 'preciate the guidance.

This might be for naught - but for now, getting nowhere with these cats. Just want to be ready... [sigh] :rolleyes:

H!

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
Well, you can tranfer your domain no issue there but you will need at least five business days for the domain to transfer fully from one host to another. If I may I recommend GoDaddy should your ISP be belly as you fear I would call any local dial up internet company before end of today as most company's could be closed Fri. as well (For the sake of a data connection). Its not the best of solutions but it could take a couple days to a week to get a DSL/Cable/T1 line setup should you need to change ISP's.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Doesn't sound too good :(

Normally the registry should have both names and you should be able to contact them. I know I always pay for my domains on my own credit card just for this reason. If I remember correctly, the new hosting company is the one that can move the site. Therefore I would start by getting all the info. from the public registry and then contact the support of a new host.

You might want to start with a 'who is' query. It should porvide you with a contact phone number. Try this one: www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois

Good luck ;)

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I host via my .Mac account and pay annually for a virtual domain hosting through domain direct. For a relative pittance (about $30/year), I've enjoyed this trouble-free set up for about five years.

Here's the link to domain direct.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might do that for my pers site. Thanks.

H!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts