Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some advice needed from the experts on ehMac:

If you wish to build some arm muscle and increase arm strength several times a week from the comfort of your home, what do you suggest? (From an inexperienced perspective.) I'm open to any suggestion or idea, from weight lifting to other exercise where you use your arms (push-ups, etc.). Not looking to build "Superman muscles" and end up with huge arms that put the rest of my small body out of proportion, but I am looking to increase my arms' size to a more moderate level.

Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
An excellent book is "Strength Training Anatomy" (I have the 2nd Ed.) which will show u the muscles involved and the exercises that are necessary to "improve" them.

Like Masterblaster says, do not expect immediate results. You'll be lucky to see anything within a month to six weeks. :D

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
If you only have basic cable, ignore this.

While sitting on your couch/sofa, place your legs on a coffee table (or similar) so that they are raised and bent at the knee. Lean back with the TV, or cable-box, remote control in your hand. With your arm raised, point the remote at the TV or cable-box, and slowly increase or decrease the channel selection. Go through all the channels at least once without lowering your arm, or supporting it in any way. Then, switch the remote to the other hand, and now hold that arm in the air, again going through all of the channels one by one.
[If it seems too easy, it's likely because you need to order more channels. (refer to your cable company web page)]

Feel the burn? That's the muscles in your upper arm, shoulder, neck, and pectorals getting a workout. As a bonus, your fingers are gaining some benefit too, which will help with typing on this forum, as well as inputting your security code when you're buying new Mac equipment using an Interac keypad.

An unexpected benefit from this workout, is, you may actually find a TV program that doesn't suck. :cool:

;)

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What routine did you decide to try Lars?
Still open to options and debating those that were already presented to me. :) Just a matter of time now before I start a steady routine into one direction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts