Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
I thought the Firewire problem was in the actual bridge chips Oxford was putting out, Apple can't fix these problems alone, drive manufacturers need to put out firmware updates.

I think either Apple or the drive manufacturers should have been aware of this problem b4 the the 10.3 was released, unfortunately since this problem occurs when a firewire device is connected during startup, it seems to have slipped through. Apple did put out pre-release copies of this OS and never got a complaint of it, so I think it was an honest mistake. Even though it was a colossal blunder.

Apple probably has no more hardware design problems than anyone other pc manufacturer. And regarding the noisy MDD they did supply a fix for it, and they did design the G5 to specifically address the problem of noise, so I'm not sure why you are whining.

If the new MDD fix was installed improperly than your beef is with whomever installed it for you.

· Registered
202 Posts
This is a stupid reply. "It's broken. But buy a new one! That'll fix it!" What the hell are we talking about, here? A broken disposable lighter??!
Umm I said they fixed the MDD problem, and their new machines specifically tackle noise, because of all the customer complaints.

I didn't suggest replacing your machine, I suggest you take it to whatever dealer installed the new power supply and get it fixed.

You really should read the post b4 you call it stupid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.