Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· peek-a-boo
3,432 Posts
Hey bud ;)

Yea, I spoke to a downtown Apple dealer today about powerbook 17s etc, and when I asked about the 1.6, after a few minutes he sorta said under his breath it might be wise to wait a bit. ;)

But yea. My switching experience is less than positive. Except... of course OS X. The only reason I'm still using macs.

· peek-a-boo
3,432 Posts
Don't know what I want. ;)

I just want something that works. The duallie sounds like a chainsaw, and the logic board fried in the iBook. And it seems like a reacurring issue. Lately I have been working on the pc sometimes just to get some quiet...
Honestly, I just don't have time to deal with these issues. :(

· peek-a-boo
3,432 Posts
Yes I *did* get the the "wind tunnel fix", and no, I will *not* get over it thank you. The fix didn't work. At least not for long. I work in an office with another graphics company, and everyone there knows the noise as they can hear it outside of my space quite well. I paid over 4000 freaking dollars for a machine that the noise goes right through me. The response I've had with dealers and techs range from, it'll xx dollars an hour to look at it, even though it's under warranty (thank you carbon, where I bought it), to it'll sit in our shop for 2 or 3 days before we can get it on a bench, but $180 extra we can "push it faster. Your attitude is just like the crap attitude I encountered at Apple. So Pardon me if I'm a little irked. And yes, get this straight, I go on the PC (an AMD system that's not particularly quiet as a mouse, but no problem except windows) to work for a while in peace. And when I'm doing something that I can do with small screen real estate, I'll use the iBook.

Statistics don't mean crap to me and my problem.

So thanks for the um, not so helpful suggestion.

Thankfully someone pointed me to a downtown dealer today that may be able to help. So maybe there's light, er, peace at the end of the tunnel.

Like I said, OS X is awesome and is the reason why I'm sticking it out. Hopefully soon, I'll have a happy ending.

[ November 14, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: groovetube ]

· peek-a-boo
3,432 Posts
Quote.."And regarding the noisy MDD they did supply a fix for it, and they did design the G5 to specifically address the problem of noise, so I'm not sure why you are whining.

If the new MDD fix was installed improperly than your beef is with whomever installed it for you."

I don't know why it's so hard to understand here. I realize we all pledge allegience to the mighty Apple and everything that Apple passes down is gold but...

Read my post. I got the fix. I put in the fix. I put it in properly. (I've built hundreds of computers) It was quite*er* for a little while, but started to get louder. Now it's as loud as before. Now read the read the response I've gotten from dealers. Who are you to tell me to stop whining? If you're going to pass judgement, read the posts, or learn what the problem is and what happened. So sorry if this upsets you.
And, how does Apple fixing the problem in the G5 help me? Are you saying I should go out and spend another load of cash? Is this an "Apple solution"?

· peek-a-boo
3,432 Posts
I should add that I've had several positive dealings with macdoc. (although he's hard to get a hold of ;) )

Someone suggested Creative Technology for service, so I spoke with Creative Technology and they said they could give me a time when they can get it on the bench and look at it. If it needs parts, I can take it back to use while the parts come in, and I can bring it in when they're ready to install (if nessecary) . And no charge because it's under warranty. (and I didn't even buy it there!) This makes far too much sense. This is music to my ears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.