Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem:

I'm running a perl script on a UNIX-based server that uses SSI (Server Side Includes) to function. However, due to another conflicting script I'm using, my pages MUST end in .php and nothing else. However, this SSI script I'm using requires the page to end in .shtml and doesn't work when the page ends in .php. Anyone know how to make a SSI script work on a .php ending page? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Without going into the gory details of what servers you are using... I'd do something like this.

Create an .shtml (or .php) page that redirects to the other type of page. Redirect code (javascript) is commonly available (and often abused). I use it for triggering screen pops... Another trick would be to use a "layered" page approach, where your inline <div>'s are calling to an external page from within the page you are working with. Inline frames will also do this...

I think we need more details of what you are working with and what you need them to do.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Is there any chance of editing the script? Since both are text files, it shouldn't make a difference. You would most likely have to root through the script and change any instances of .shtml with .php

That might work, but your best guess is to ask the maker of the script why it won't work with PHP files?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts