Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, among those of you who live in Ottawa, can anyone recommend a half-decent Apple retailer in the Ottawa area?

I've had it up to here with BMac.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
i'd like to know this too.
no complaints with bmac tho it would be nice to have a less-corporate shop around.
not impressed with the mac group's prices but there's an option for ya.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
B.Mac is a hit and miss store -- some days you'll get some snooty 20 year old know-it-all, some days you'll get a nice person who can help you find the right setup. What's made B.Mac piss you off, out of curiosity?

The Mac Group, CompuCentre at the Rideau centre (but they're slowly losing interest in keeping any stock there). Algonquin College on Woodroofe also sells Macs on campus (near the bookstore).

There's a small shop on Hull, on Taché blvd called Logitek that also deals with Macs.

But unfortunately, that's about it. :\

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Until lately I've dealt with CompuCentre at Rideau, but lately they're stock has gotten worse. Last week I went to B.Mac which is a little out of my way, and man that's gotta be the mecca of Mac places. They had G5s in stock (DP1.8s) and a fairly good supply of software. Fairly nice salestaff. But that was my first trip to them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
CompuCentre at the Rideau Centre was where I purchased my copy of Panther... ah.. the memories (of Ottawa... and the mac.. not of the store).

It's a beautiful area that Ottawa. Can't wait to visit the area again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts