Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just emailed EtreCheck, but while waiting for the reply, I figured I might as well also ask here.

EtreCheck Pro always displays, 'This machine has multiple antivirus apps installed'.

Are Malwarebytes and Malware Scan (Drive Genius) considered antivirus apps? If so, since neither are actively scanning the computer, is EtreCheck Pro simply stating that they are installed, even if neither are actively scanning?

If neither Malwarebytes and Malware Scan are considered antivirus apps, where would I find the actual antivirus apps?

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
If neither Malwarebytes and Malware Scan are considered antivirus apps, where would I find the actual antivirus apps?

My first thought here would be to question why do you appear to be running EtreCheck Pro.app so much or so often??

Are you actually experiencing some Mac problems?

I would not be surprised at all if it is flagging such programs as Malwarebytes and Malware Scan as AV Utility Tools.

But if you want to check for anyting else that might be running, have a look through the list that Software Information.app can provide:
Press option key > click Apple icon(menu) > select Software Information > scroll and select Software > Applications.

Give it a chance to load and show them all.

Not all will be running obviously. :eek:

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts