Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I inherited an iPad 2 with ios 9. I cleared the previous person's profile as is prudent and safest for them and of course I lost all the apps they'd loaded including Pages. Now, I can't seem to get Pages for myself because the App store only has for ios 10 which will not go on the machine because it's older. I'm in a conundrum for how to get something on here that I can use like or similar to Word or Pages. (and probably other apps too??)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey ....I figured it out! Actually I figured out how to do a work-around that was offered in another how-to forum.

You have to "purchase" what you want and even free ones appear in the purchases. Then:

"Once you have the current version of the app in your purchase history you can download the latest version compatible with your device. See Redownload music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support."

This is the link:
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201272

I'm very happy now!
insert happy dance emoticon!

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Good tip. We're also in possession of an iPad 2 that my son uses. Finding new apps / games to keep him entertained is going to be an ongoing challenge. A shame, as the battery life is still surprisingly good, and our household budget doesn't have room for a newer model for the foreseeable future...

·
Premium Member
15,667 Posts
hey ....I figured it out! Actually I figured out how to do a work-around that was offered in another how-to forum.
You have to "purchase" what you want and even free ones appear in the purchases.

You can probably appreciate how and why some people who recently purchased such an iDevice are so P'd off and who never had an Apple ID or purchased anything. No such access. :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts