ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. so with all the excitement waiting for the iOS 5 to come out this fall.. when exactly does fall begin in apple's book? hehe I've been waiting impatiently for the update, I'm also about to buy an iPad and was hoping to wait and see the usual september even if there will be an update to the iPad or not, but so far nothing.. all hush, could it be that there will be no fall event, Does Steve Jobs resignation has anything to do with that delay?
thoughts?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
There are no confirmed dates for any Apple Event this fall as of today. You know as much as the rest of us. For now, it's strictly rampant speculation.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Steve's resignation has nothing to do with it, it will happen with it happens.

Which will be when all the "parts" are ready, judging from the last beta of iOS 5 the software is getting pretty close to being done, if you read the rumour sites all indications are that production on the iPhone 5 (or whatever it ends up being called) has started I'd bet on at least a few weeks before they have enough of a stockpile produce to attempt to make it through a launch with any reasonable hope of having stock (I say attempt because in reality there is no hope launch weekend and likely for the first month or 2 they will sell as fast as they can be produced.)

The iPad is a bit of a wildcard but personally I'd be fairly surprised if it is updated before late winter or spring (Apple seems to like an annual update cycle).

Really we all should be expecting at least a little news about should be the iPods though really about the only think I can think of to change on them is storage capacity (and price)... though with Apple pushing iCloud I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3G iPod touch to take advantage of cloud storage and all....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I will be very surprised if apple did update the iPad2, that's why I try to stay away from rumors sites, if you bought what they are saying, you'll never buy anything!!

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Don't they usually announce changes to the iPod touch in September? Course, there are still a couple of weeks of September left for that?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They better not introduce an updated iPad this year, or I'm going after steve!! :p
So yeah, my better half got me an iPad 2 for my Birthday :D

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Assuming that Apple wants to ship the latest iPhone and iPod Touch with iOS 5 already on board (which seems quite logical), we're likely to get all that stuff in October (probably early October, Apple doesn't want to miss the xmas buying season and yes it starts before Halloween). I'm curious if we'll see any new iPod designs, they still do pretty well but could use a consolidation and redesign.

The rumour I *want* to believe is that we'll get a bump on MacBook Pros. If that happens, I definitely see one in my near future.

The iPad I think is on track for another March/April debut, but of course I don't know anything for a fact anymore than anyone else here. I agree with those who feel like having a new iPad out before xmas would spur sales, but I just don't think there's enough of a leap ready yet to justify it, plus all the existing iPads will get iOS 5 which will keep demand high for the iPad 2. There's no need for Apple to rush out the iPad 3, the so-called "competition" is going absolutely nowhere. It's the iPod story all over again.

One thing I haven't seen talked about much is the possibility of an upgrade to the Apple TV for xmas. Not an entirely new model, but a major software upgrade plus new features that might spur sales. That would be nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts