Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ever taken advantage of Apple's usual promotional offers when you buy a new machiine?

I have had good experiences in the past receiving the Macworld subscription but since I bought my 17" iMac in February, I have yet to see the free Macworld subscription.

Does anybody know how long it usually takes or if Apple honours the freebe?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello,

I am getting MacAddict, Macworld, and MacHome courtesy of Apple.

It takes about 6-8 weeks from registration before I got my first issue.

Cheers.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
I bought my Flat-Panel iMac at the beginning of November last year. When setting it up I chose the complimentary Macworld subscription. :D

Two months later, having received nary a free issue of Macworld, I e-mailed Apple. I was delighted to receive an e-mail from them within an hour, however all they did was say that they're not responsible for the freebie subscription and they forwarded my e-mail to Macworld. :D

Two days later I received a confirmation e-mail from Macworld about the subscription, and I replied immediately. Yes! I thought, my free subscription is being processed! Days later I received the same confirmation message from Macworld; I replied again but also said that they had already sent the same message to me earlier in the week. :confused:

Jump cut to May 2003 (with no Macworld issues having been received in the interim): I got an e-mail from Macworld, saying that they had just received my enquiry about my subscription, forwarded from Apple. Later the same day I received yet another confirmation e-mail from Macworld - I responded by forwarding all the e-mails I received & sent on the subject since November 2002; I ended that last message to them with "FORGET IT". :mad:

[ September 08, 2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Doug Gardhouse ]

·
Registered
591 Posts
THIS is VERY strange, I just bought a new dual 1.25 machine and there was no form to get a free subscription... what gives? Has Apple dropped this promotion?

·
Registered
454 Posts
You have to send registration details to get the promotion.
I have been recieving Macworld for free since febuary. Even though the magazine sucks compared to Macaddict, I can't complain since its free.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I believe you get the freebies option when you register online.

When I bought my powerbook I selected the Macworld subscription as well. The first issue arrived within three weeks as I ended up with two issues of March 2003 Macworld. Strange that there's so much inconsistency with something as simple as that.

Anyway, now I keep getting renewal notices from Macworld... I guess I'll have to go out and buy a G5.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was offered the free gifts online when I registered. Actually that's the only reason why I registered.

Maybe the lack of service has something to do with the fact we are in Canada and Macworld not wanting to bother to send the free issues to Canada. Perhaps.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I bought an iBook in late November last year, my first MacWorld arrived in February. When I bought my G4, the magazine said that they would extend my free sub for another year.

Dont' know why you are having problems.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I mentioned before, I've had good lick in the past. It's just this recent purchase that I've questioned what's happened.

Lately, I've heard good and bad things about the subscriptions. I'll just wait and see.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oops! Talk about a Freudian Slip!! Good luck! Good Luck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks for the help folks... I went online and registered. Ive got my issues coming now.

I t was last time I applied for the 'free gift' I sent it through the mail on a card supplied within the box.

This way saves paper I guess.

Anyway, Thanks a bunch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts