Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, now that the Applecare for the iPhone is out for Canadians, the price seems a bit higher than what I am willing to pay.
I searched eBay and Applecares are sold considerably less. Very tempting, but have heard enough about Applecare scams, so I was wondering if anybody here can recommend a seller that can be trusted.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Hello, now that the Applecare for the iPhone is out for Canadians, the price seems a bit higher than what I am willing to pay.
I searched eBay and Applecares are sold considerably less. Very tempting, but have heard enough about Applecare scams, so I was wondering if anybody here can recommend a seller that can be trusted.

Thanks!
sigelectronics used to sell applecare (they still might - I just haven't been on their site lately). I bought 2 of my applecares from them. they weren't ebay, but they were cheaper (at the time) then Apple's direct cost.

Personally, I think $79 for 2 years is pretty cheap all things considered. There is plenty of debate on whether or not to get it and if it's worthwhile, but think, the iphone itself isn't cheap so $79 is good I believe.

I'm buying it. Just not right now...I always buy right before a year is up.

Cheers,
keebler

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
it's $79 for 1 extra year.. same as iPods

i'd say it's worth getting, iPhones seem even more prone to failure than iPods. just look for sellers with a lot of positive feedback. i got one from an eBay seller for $40 US.. worked fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Coastal Computing

I recently purchased Applecare for my 3GS from this company (US$45) on Ebay. The transaction went very smoothly. The registration info arrived within a couple of days and Apple accepted it almost immediately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts