Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the latest Apple Watch LTE model. For some reason when I look at my wrist it always shows what you see below. It is from my iTunes music on my phone. I rarely listen to music through my phone generally use it for Audible and Sirius XM and the last thing l listened to on the phone was Audible. Not sure why music is popping up but it is really annoying as I want to see a watch and not my music that is not playing.

Is there some setting somewhere to fix this or turn it off? I know it shows whatever I am listening to on the watch when I am actually using it but I never have audible or siriusxm show up on the watch face when not being used like I am having with music.

IMG_0829 by B P, on Flickr

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Did not notice this thread until now. Same thing happened to me about a month back. An erase and reinstall of the software solved the issue for me. I set it up at bedtime and let it run overnight as it takes a while to complete.

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Do I have this straight? You expect an Apple watch to tell you what time it is?:D

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
I have the latest Apple Watch LTE model. For some reason when I look at my wrist it always shows what you see below. It is from my iTunes music on my phone. I rarely listen to music through my phone generally use it for Audible and Sirius XM and the last thing l listened to on the phone was Audible. Not sure why music is popping up but it is really annoying as I want to see a watch and not my music that is not playing.

Is there some setting somewhere to fix this or turn it off? I know it shows whatever I am listening to on the watch when I am actually using it but I never have audible or siriusxm show up on the watch face when not being used like I am having with music.

At least it's good music! :)

If you press the crown in, does it bring you back to the watch face? And which watch face do you use?

I'm not positive if turning off notifications for Music in Notifications will turn that off completely. I have a 2nd gen Apple Watch, so I think there may be some interface differences.

I get a similar screen when playing music on my phone, and playback is paused. I have to dismiss the screen to carry on.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems to have been fixed with a watch update as I have not had it shown since.

Yes you could hit the crown and go back to the watch face, it was just annoying that I had to do that to see my watch face and how I have it setup, almost like the watch feature was secondary. Again with the update it is working normally again.

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
Do I have this straight? You expect an Apple watch to tell you what time it is?:D

:lmao: :clap: :D

Watch face skin themes are an optional extra and with a mandatory monthly subscription fee and only available at certain times from the "Cloud" when it's available. On the even hours on odd days are the best.

Metric time faces are extra but work better, but are hard to find unless you know Apple's method but they keep changing that with every iOS update.

The music face may not disappear until you setup a iTunes Music account with another paid monthly subscription that gives you an easier option to hide it, but you can get a yearly cheaper rate at a special discount that lasts for just 10 1/2 months. It helps coincide things with the metric calendar and time.

:D :D ;)

- Patrick
======

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
:lmao: :clap: :D

Watch face skin themes are an optional extra and with a mandatory monthly subscription fee and only available at certain times from the "Cloud" when it's available. On the even hours on odd days are the best.

Metric time faces are extra but work better, but are hard to find unless you know Apple's method but they keep changing that with every iOS update.

The music face may not disappear until you setup a iTunes Music account with another paid monthly subscription that gives you an easier option to hide it, but you can get a yearly cheaper rate at a special discount that lasts for just 10 1/2 months. It helps coincide things with the metric calendar and time.

:D :D ;)

- Patrick
======
I will take all those comments as humour. :D

But I own an Apple watch and have many theme faces that cost me nothing, nor do I have to pay a monthly subscription to play my own music on my watch, although I cannot imagine anyone wanting to do that. I likewise pay nothing to use the Cloud.

When driving the watch is invaluable as I can dictate texts with both hands on the wheel and likewise read responses at a glance with hands still on the wheel and the watch in my field of vision as I see the road. Far safer than a phone by far.

Also answering a phone call is easily accomplished, again with both hands on the wheel. A simple voice command auto dials the phone and enacts the call.

The watch is now my most used device when on the road and far safer than a dash mounted phone. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
I will take all those comments as humour.

Yup, tongue was firmly placed on the inside side of cheek… but one never knows what might change eh…???

- Patrick
======

1 - 9 of 9 Posts