Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share a postivie Apple Warranty service story.

My 2nd geneartion ipod headphone jack had broken, leading to various problems when using headphones and the remote control. Also, the remote control wire cover had started to come off. So, I used Apple.ca to enter my ipod serial number as well as a description of the problems I was having.
My iPod was still covered under warranty, however I had to pay a $40 shipping/handling charge.

24hrs later I received a brand new sealed remote control without any mention of returning the one I was having problems with! Two days later I received an empty box for me to package my iPod in. Sent it in and a day later I received a brand spanking new ipod!

Note: I sent my iPod to an Apple location in Markham (I believe) but the new products were shipped from the US. Remote control value was marked at $21 US while Ipod value was marked at approx $35 US. There was a notice on each package stating that because the values were marked over $20 I may get charged customs.

Anyway, excellent service, bravo Apple!

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
It is a pleasure to deal with Apple support now a days, I had a problem with the casing on my TiBook one call and Apple had a secure shipping box sent out to my attn. with the ness. paperwork in a matter of a week my TiBook was back and looking like new.

Cleared the sour taste in left in my mouth left by the "Amelio" & "Spindler" years when customer service for Apple was awful and no one would assume responsibility for my lemon of a PM 7600 .... God bless you Steve Jobs!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts