Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple's iMessage encryption trips up feds' surveillance

Internal document from the Drug Enforcement Administration complains that messages sent with Apple's encrypted chat service are "impossible to intercept," even with a warrant.

(snip)

The DEA's "Intelligence Note" says that iMessage came to the attention of the agency's San Jose, Calif., office as agents were drafting a request for a court order to perform real-time electronic surveillance under Title III of the Federal Wiretap Act. They discovered that records of text messages already obtained from Verizon Wireless were incomplete because the target of the investigation used iMessage: "It became apparent that not all text messages were being captured."

(CNet)

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
yes i need encrypted txt messages so no one can intercept the message of my wife telling me off every day LOL

I have nothing to hide so never was a concern for me,lesson learned if you do have something to hide.. DONT WRITE IT DOWN
how dumb can you be.

·
Premium Member
17,745 Posts
yes i need encrypted txt messages so no one can intercept the message of my wife telling me off every day LOL

I have nothing to hide so never was a concern for me,lesson learned if you do have something to hide.. DONT WRITE IT DOWN
how dumb can you be.
Except of course that various law enforcement agencies have sunk to the same level as the crooks they pursue. Lack evidence? Just cook it up. Oh so easy my friend. So unless you keep a copy of every message and eMail you send receive (including SPAM), doing nothing wrong may not save your hide.

Besides as someone pointed out with so many criminal statutes on the books, if someone with pull wants to get you they will. The odds of you getting through even a week without committing at least one criminal offense are roughly zero.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts