ehMac banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Another question.. could you play internet content on it?? I have a subscription to setanta sports online, so I can watch games on the road.. can I stream or show the games from setanta's website through apple tv?? with/without jailbreaking it??
If you can get it into iTunes, you can play it on an AppleTV. The trick is getting it into iTunes. I use the MyTube widget to convert YouTube videos, for example.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, I have firefox installed on my apple tv and can even get flash to work. I don't know what format Setanta broadcasts in, but it could be possible to play it through firefox. Unfortunately this takes a bit of tweaking. If you have the time to get this to work it is useful for internet content. I watched a lot of NHL games online with it when I was in Australia.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Setanta uses Silverlight.. which works fine on firefox, though I'd still have to download it I suppose..
maybe if you know of a useful website for the tweaking, you could share it with me?
this might mean the end of Rogers bill as well .. Muahahahaha.. <-- evil laugh..

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you can get it into iTunes, you can play it on an AppleTV. The trick is getting it into iTunes. I use the MyTube widget to convert YouTube videos, for example.
For example, right? 'Cause the Apple TV already has a YouTube section to play videos directly from the site.

·
Hoes R US
1,925 Posts
I own two. Have a DAC on one using the optical out and the sound is unsurpassed. I eliminated a $1000 plus cable bill (per year). No regrets. XBMC is wonderful.

Needs an update to process 1080p.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
For example, right? 'Cause the Apple TV already has a YouTube section to play videos directly from the site.
Yes, but only streaming. If you want to be able to take your favorite YouTube videos with you when you bring AppleTV over to another location, you need to capture them in a M4v format first. I should have explained that I guess. AppleTV basically works like an iPod for your big-screen HDTV (or even a projector).

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Yes, but only streaming. If you want to be able to take your favorite YouTube videos with you when you bring AppleTV over to another location, you need to capture them in a M4v format first. I should have explained that I guess. AppleTV basically works like an iPod for your big-screen HDTV (or even a projector).
Fair enough, although I've never taken my two AppleTVs anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
If you want to be able to take your favorite YouTube videos with you when you bring AppleTV over to another location, you need to capture them in a M4v format first.
If possible, you could wirelessly connect and look up favourites or you could browse through recent searches too.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts