Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread where people can share their positive/negative stories with Apple's Support and Customer relations people.

So far the tech support people at Apple are totally clueless but friendly. The logic board in my iBook died January 14th this year and I just got it back on the third of this month. It died again before the end of the day. When I phoned customer relations they said I could go rent a laptop and they would reimburse me up to $300. Its a nice offer but I'd rather just have my laptop work! They also told me to take it back for service and have the service depot contact Apple, Hopefully I should get a new machine!

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
lots of stupid people at apple's tech. support these days
ratio of morons to intelligent people is far too high
most apple tech. people are far too busy taking things personally and covering their asses to actually take the tech. support issues seriously

good news is that being a computer consultant, this actually helps my business
clients pay me to talk to tech. support for them to resolve their issues

in every cloud is a siver lining

my recent experience with apple tech. support and a defective 17" apple monitor was far to long and involved a process

eventually apple just decided give me a credit for a replacement monitor of my choice
needless to say i didn't buy an apple monitor

although the eventual solution (over 1 month) was reaonsble the time taken was far too long and involved
i had to follow up with almost every person because they kept dropping the ball
no ownership of the problem, except for one guy who did a good (not great) job but even he dropped the ball when it was passed to a different dept.
lots of apologies from apple managers, but apple fails to understand that my time is valuable too

again, silver lining
if they treat me like this, i can just imagine how they treat others

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
While I've heard horror stories, I've never personally had a problem with Apple Support. In fact, compared to other companies I've had to call in the past *cough*sony*cough*, Apple is a dream to deal with.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Good fun to call AppleCare in Europe. The call centre is based in Ireland but is staffed with every European you can think of. Sometimes you get bounced to a German call centre. It's actually interesting to note the variety in style depending on nationality.

I'm saying this because you end up spending a lot of time chatting: these guys look at Apple KB in most cases and are fairly clueless. So I would echo the view: ignorant and nice.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
The downside to dealing with Apple's own tech support is these likely fine folks have little vested interest in Apple's business. In contrast, an independent authorized reseller with integrity has something to gain by providing good after sales service.

I'm selling my small print business and joining one of Canada's most successful Apple resellers at the end of this month. Although I'll be losing the "freedom of being my own boss", I'm becoming a part of a very successful team that has always held the philosophy that after sales service is as important as the sale itself. And this fact alone continues to propel the company's growth and popularity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts