Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Apple Store Waterloo Grand Opening Live ehMac.ca Coverage!

12K views 63 replies 23 participants last post by  SoyMac 
#1 ·
ehMac.ca will be providing lots of coverage of the Apple Store Waterloo / Conestoga Mall Grand Opening with photos, videos, tweets and updates! Follow this thread and on twitter at Twitter.com/ehMac (Hashtag #applestorewaterloo)
Coverage sponsored by Elgato!

Behold, the new Apple Store in Waterloo!

CBC's the National did a piece on the Waterloo Apple Store opening, portraying it as a "provocative" move so close to RIM's headquarters:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Coverage also by:
seyDesign - Makers of Premium Rapidweaver Themes

See less See more
#3 ·
ehMac.ca will be providing lots of coverage of the Apple Store Waterloo / Conestoga Mall Grand Opening with photos, videos, tweets and updates! Follow this thread and on twitter at Twitter.com/ehMac (Hashtag #applestorewaterloo) Coverage sponsored by Elgato!

Behold, the new Apple Store in Waterloo!
Ah yes, just like the ones in WEM and Southgate in Edmonton. Carbon copies even. :rolleyes:

The meetup is different though.

#5 ·
No doubt Apple will have pretty similar designs in malls. They save the real creativity for large flagship stores in big cities. Kind of disappointed Canada doesn't really have a cool flagship store.

The hanging Apple logo is pretty cool I got to admit. Not sure if other stores have those, but then again I haven't been to an Apple Store in awhile. :eek:

The amount of people gawking at the store was really big. Almost everyone who walked by stopped in their tracks and looked inside.

#9 ·
So the line up currently sits at 6 people as of 0625hrs. Mall doors don't open until 0700hrs. Lineup is forming at the main entrance by Old Navy and security has stated that this will be the only entrance being used for the grand opening.

#17 ·
What's happening?

No posts for a while.

Here's what I imagine is happening;
I'll assume you were all inside, running from display to display, screaming like teeny-boppers at a 1959 Beatles concert.
Those of you who lined up before the store opened, were then taken to a secret room that looks like the bridge of the Star ship Enterprise. Steve Jobs was in there reclining on a divan, sipping Cappuccino, (you were all offered one), and he thanked you personally for coming.
You were given a new MacBook Air, and an iPhone 5 and you signed an NDA. You also got a T-shirt.
Before you were ushered from the room by English Butlers, Steve invited each of you to stop by his house any time you were in his neighbourhood. He made some vague reference to the work he's doing with anti-gravity and cellular energy.

You all high-fived each other before being driven in Steve's personal Limo to breakfast .
Steve's limo is solar-powered, and it hovers. It has no wheels.

I'm right, aren't I? That's pretty much exactly what happened, isn't it?! :yikes:

#18 ·
No posts for a while.

Here's what I imagine is happening;
I'll assume you were all inside, running from display to display, screaming like teeny-boppers at a 1959 Beatles concert.
Those of you who lined up before the store opened, were then taken to a secret room that looks like the bridge of the Star ship Enterprise. Steve Jobs was in there reclining on a divan, sipping Cappuccino, (you were all offered one), and he thanked you personally for coming.
You were given a new MacBook Air, and an iPhone 5 and you signed an NDA. You also got a T-shirt.
Before you were ushered from the room by English Butlers, Steve invited each of you to stop by his house any time you were in his neighbourhood. He made some vague reference to the work he's doing with anti-gravity and cellular energy.

You all high-fived each other before being driven in Steve's personal Limo to breakfast .
Steve's limo is solar-powered, and it hovers. It has no wheels.

I'm right, aren't I? That's pretty much exactly what happened, isn't it?! :yikes:
That's exactly what happened. But we're supposed to claim the we are just standing around waiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.