Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me why in nice bold letters as of a half hour ago, my order on the Apple Store says Shipped, but below it says:
PBG4 12.1/1GHZ/256/80/SD/AP/BT/LL
Open Est. Ship 12/30/2003
And also, what does the LL stand for? I know the AP is Airport and the BT is Bluetooth but the LL? How is it possible for it to be shipped and them saying it will be shipped December 30th? Or is that the expected day it will arrive?

EDIT: Roughly an hour later it is now saying 12/19/2003 instead of that, but it has swapped back and forth a few times in the last hour. :confused:

[ December 19, 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked again this morning. It shipped via FedEx!!! So it was just slowness and incomplete updates. Thanks for all your help guys.

Its already here in Calgary but won't be shipped from their warehouse to me until the 23rd. Most likely the backlog and extremely high amount of packages. It is after all Christmas.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New update, it seems when I log on through the American Apple Store and check order status it says "Open Est. Ship 12/19/2003" while checking through the Canadian Apple Store it says 12/30/2003 in place of the 19.

Anyone know what gives? I was hoping to find out since they are closed now but I guess I'll have to phone them.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Bummer, especially at this time of year. I hope you get the powerbook in time for Christmas. I ordered a couple of things a couple of weeks ago (in part to spend the $30 .Mac coupon): an iBook battery and an adaptor card for installing Airport into an iMac. The battery shipped immediately via Fed Ex. The adaptor shipped on Wednesday of this week, arriving today - by FedEx (no extra charge). So, there's hope your powerbook will arrive in time (unless you sprang for ground shipping - but even then Apple often upgrades shipping if there's been a delay).

Hang in there!!!

BTW, I always order batteries directly from Apple because I read somewhere that Li-ion batts decay in performance from the date of manufacture. I've bought lots of other Apple stuff from local dealers though.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the support. I don't need the Powerbook before Christmas, but I was really confused on the dates and I don't like being confused. I prefer to understand.

So if it until Dec. 30, its bummer but I can live with it alright. I choose Ground shipping, but with the promotion that has got everything upgraded to 2 Day shipping that may be the problem. I would have bought from a reseller but I had it BTO.

RtC - Thanks for getting that LL cleared up, I never could figure that out.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Woo-hoo, that's great news!!!! Merry Christmas Chealion!!! - methinks I know what you'll be doing this season (installing the rash of OS X updates and other goodies).

I just lurve tracking Fed Ex orders. This is one feature that the AppleStore get's lots of kudos for. I even track the progress of mundane items and pull an invisible high five when I see its been delivered (my wife always wonders how I know that the guy has dropped off the parcel - minutes after the event.....). Bit like Norad tracking Santa.... except this is for real - and doesn't involve a $10 billion infrastructure.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for congratulations.
My first own computer. Bought with my own hard earned cash.
Still need a name for the Powerbook though. My iPod has got a name thus far, but still need one for the Powerbook, anyone know any good Celtic god/goddesses?

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
If your order is indeed in FedEx's location in Calgary, call them with your tracking number, confirm that it's there and then go and pick it up if they don't deliver it to you on Monday the 22nd. The bit about the 23rd is their commitment for delivery, but FedEx is not in the warehousing business and they prefer to deliver packages even if it's before the commitment time set by the service chosen by the shipper. This is even more true with "high value" items. Less chance of it getting lost.

If it cleared customs, I'll bet you it'll be on a FedEx truck Monday morning, so check (track it) around 10AM and then call them.

I never choose express shipping with Apple and my stuff arrives "almost" as fast as with express shipping. Case in point: my iPod with free shipping arrived from China in three days...same time as if I paid for express shipping.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kps - I read the tracking page wrong.
Deliver to Calgary, not delievered to Calgary. I feel rather dumb about that.

With the Christmas holidays Apple upgraded my normal shipping to expedited for free.

Doug - Thanks very much
I was hoping someone had any favorites.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts