Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Apple Stock: Buy, Sell or Hold?

• Hold - there's something special happening @ Apple: I'm sticking around.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buy, sell or hold?? You can vote before or after the announcements. Give brief reason behind your call.

Watching Squawk Box and they referred to MacWorld as 'Geek Fest'
. Hey - it's an Apple thing, they wouldn't understand.

They mentioned a new - more entry level iPod [read more affordable]. We'll see.

Vote away.

h!

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Stock has doubled this year. Nasdaq Gurus all say sell or hold. My fear is that superb results in music store will not translate into real margin. Would change my mind if more windows compatible stuff came out later today.

Check Nasdaq out. Symbol is AAPL

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Pre-Macworld spikes in AAPL share value seems to have become a bit of a pattern among investors. Hang on to this stock if you have it, but I would wait a few weeks before buying more.

That said, it sure is nice to see that the markets have finally warmed to this funny little company again. I still maintain that this company's stock is the kind that you buy for the long haul...relatively fewer opportunities to make a quick buck with it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My call is: STAY AWAY from APPL!

Look in the archive of a few weeks ago to see why... Apple never rewarded their investor in anyway, its a wonder why people still think they should buy it (and cause the stock price to rise).

I will change my mind the day Apple start to buy back shares or gives dividends. Until then, the only shareholder who is making a crap load of money is Jobs with his ridiculous stocks option contract.

I am not saying Apple is a bad compagny or that it has no futur. Its a great company but the return on investment is near 0%.

Of course, you can say that you can make profit out of the increased price of the stock. But if you think so, you would have to think about the reason the price increased in the first place. If the only reason people bought the stock is because they think the price will increase, its bound the crash eventually.

The lesson here is that stock price reflect the present and futur value of a company to an investor. If the company never give anything back to the investor, there is no reason for the stock price to increase. And thats true even in the case the book value is higher than the stock price because there is no way someone can sell stock at the book value.

On the other hand...

Stock market analysts are idiots like you cant believe and if Apple shows great product for the comming months, they are going to buy the stock because its 'fashionable', they will look 'cool' and be able to talk about it at every opportuinity. So following this line, we can guess that the price of the stock would increase by a few percent (I would say 10-15%) in the comming months only because of this factor. So yes, I would call APPL a B - H stock but IMHO I would have bought it a few weeks ago at the start of the mini iPod rumors...

So,

if you are investing for the long term put your money somwhere else.

if you want to make a quick 5-10% ROI, go for it! (at your own risk).

BTW, how many people think the market is over rated right now? I feel a small correction comming in the next few months but at the same time, I see a lot of people starting to invest again in the market so it should pull the market upward even more... Once I reach a return of 25% this year, I will move out and wait, seems like a need bubble is inflating :-S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.