Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New jobs posted today: Apple Canada is looking for "Apple Solutions Consultants" to work in existing retail stores.

ASCs will "train the store sales staff on the latest products, promotions, and solutions from Apple."

Ideal candidates have at least 3 years experience selling consumer electronics and plenty of Apple product knowledge.

"This is a high profile opportunity with an excellent opportunity for advancement."

I'm assuming these positions are in Future Shop or Best Buy stores, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know anything more?

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sandy McMurray:
New jobs posted today: Apple Canada is looking for "Apple Solutions Consultants" to work in existing retail stores.

ASCs will "train the store sales staff on the latest products, promotions, and solutions from Apple."

Ideal candidates have at least 3 years experience selling consumer electronics and plenty of Apple product knowledge.

"This is a high profile opportunity with an excellent opportunity for advancement."

I'm assuming these positions are in Future Shop or Best Buy stores, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know anything more?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope but chances are it probably doens't pay very well. Of course I'm speaking from a consultant's point of view!

·
Registered
656 Posts
i looked at those numbers beside each posting, and they represent FutureShop store numbers. if you have a reciept for, say, the heartland mississauga store, you'll see the number 71 on there, signifying the store ID. these seem to be FutureShop jobs, and not Best Buys. pretty cool.

·
Registered
136 Posts
WOW~!

Does anyone know anyone that might happen to work at Apple Canada?

I would fit perfectly into this position and i am desperately looking for work!

If anyone has any ideas...PLEASE let me know.

I have already applied via the online forum....but i would prefer to be able to speak with someone if possible.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
The biggest problem here is fighting an uphill battle with the store staff.

ALL of them are PC folk and they don't understand the Mac. It goes beyond mere hardware and WE know that. Properly selling a Mac is like selling a high-end car. The buyer must be able to appreciate the benefits, PC computer sales people don't care about this. All they know is specs and that is what sells PC's. Trying to get them to accept the concept of selling on a "different" level is a VERY tough endeavour.

I know, I've been there and tried. I wish anyone applying luck.

Personally the best way to get these sales people to understand and get into the "mind-set" is to take them and immerse them into the culture. That means a trip to Apple itself. Seminars in their own location or even on the show floor doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have personally switch four people over in the last year and a half....all of them are very happy with the decision. I have about 4 years in Sales and Customer Service, I think i would be able to do this.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Considering how well I have my PC lovin staff at LD trained on the Mac stuff now, I am sure I could do this too. problem is that I hate FS, and I dont know how I would feel about working for them.

--PB

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A note to those interested in these jobs and others at Apple: you can search available positions and put your resume on file by visiting Apple.com/jobs

You can also set up a profile so they let you know by e-mail when new jobs that interest you are posted.

SMc

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
You know what, if I wasn't so caught in some other field right now, I think that I would go for this. Although I do not anticipate this paying well, but this might be an experience worth more than most would think.

I love making presentations (I do it now). Imagine, you could have Keynote all ready to go, and boom! Do a mini Steve Jobs. If Apple works this correctly, this could be the closest that they'll get to the consumer w/o having to actually open a location. I like this.

The training they'll offer alone peaks my interest. Could be fun. And the way they tailor their campaigns, I bet that they may let you go out the box for in store seminars. I would....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts