Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from chicago this weekend with the new Apple BT wireless keyboard and mouse from the Apple store! I cannot believe I got the very first one on Friday morning as they were opening the shipping boxes. Will field test them to see if they are worth the 'arm and leg' they cost. My PB and 23" blessed with airport now really rocks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am interested in purchasing a wireless mouse (that stupid cord is ALWAYS in the way!) Just wondering what the advantage of Bluetooth is. Too bad there isn't a recharger for this mouse.javascript:void(0)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been playing with these new toys for an hour, it is cute that the wires are gone, quite a clean and clutter free desktop. The feel of the mouse and keyboard is the same as the 'pro' wired version.
BT technology is fast but definitely not as instantaneous as compared with their wired cousins (expected) and I am not sure if I like that too much....
Especially when I speed through the 23" screen under max tracking speed feels slow, there is a very slight delay in the movement of the cursor and the occasional 'off track'. The most annoying occurs when the cursor suddenly freezes for a fraction of a second when my mouse glides on the pad. The batteries are also draining faster than I have expected ( 1 bit off the power indicator in an hour).
I did not get the keyboard to turn on and maintain a stable connection the first few times around, the problems I render is perhaps a loose on/off switch together with the batteries sitting loose inside the batter chamber. When the keyboard is turned over for action, the batteries moved out of place and the connection got lost, very annoying.
After some fiddling I manage to get it up and running, here also exist a very slight delay in key strokes but my typing is too slow for it to cause much of a problem.
By and large, I like the idea of wireless input and can also live with the small time lag etc. but I would not have spent the amount (over US$200) if given another chance. IMO these are great stocking stuffers as long as I need not foot the bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts