Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Kingston, Ontario for a day or so at the beginning of December. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's a Mac shop in that city. I'd just like to prowl around in case anything catches my eye!

Thanks!
:D

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Apple site says:

Altair Electronics Ltd.
750 Progress Avenue
Kingston, ON K7M 7E1
(613) 634-1460

and Future Shop :rolleyes:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've dealt with the guys at the Altair here in Belleville 1 hr out of Kingston super guys.They know their stuff yet they have hardly any stock on hand.Not sure how the Kingston one is but the one here there is no stock really on hand to even look at.They order must everything in.

James

·
Registered
993 Posts
You could try the computer store at Queen's University. Last time I was there, they had quite a few things in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, everyone! I'm glad to have a couple of places to look up.

Cheers! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
It appears one will being opening first week of December downtown on Princess Street.:D
Noticed store front today. Hope that helps

·
Registered
536 Posts
Back in the dark days of the 1990s, Altair was the only place in Kingston (other than Queen's computer store) that sold Macs or Mac compatible things like SCSI hard drives etc.

Computer Depot, which is at the corner of Gardiners Rd and Progress Avenue, stocks Mac stuff. Last time I looked they had a few things on display. If you're going to Altair you can stop in there. Best Buy, Future Shop, and Henry's are all in big box store hell (or is that heaven) along Gardiners Rd.

I'd never heard of Jump Plus until I saw this thread. It'll be nice to see Mac stuff downtown.

·
Registered
330 Posts
There's probably opportunity for a well thought out Mac store in Kingston; with a good product line and service.

I say this based on my son attending Queens, in Engineering, where the programme information highly recommends that incoming students consider working with a PC because several applications are PC only. Apparently this years incoming class is 25% Mac, which is amazing since it's historically been less than 10%. I think this shift reflects the current younger population that are growing up with the perceived or real cool factor and ease of use found in Apple products. And every year there's a refresh of incoming prospects.

Someone just needs more passion and creativity than found in the current options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts