Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I would like to put forth an idea if I may be so bold.
In a wargaming discussion board that I talk on, there is a folder for finding/asking where a game/hobby shop is in a certain town.
How about a folder here which does the same thing? (for mac stores, not games stores, cheeky people)

I ask/suggest this cuz I will be in Ottawa on the17,18 and19th of October and wouldn't mind dropping into a store or two(?).
Waddaya think? :D
Robert :confused:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Greetings. I just registered two days ago - I was referred to the site by Macdoc to find a thread on fragmentation due to unix-type swap files in OS X. I posted a question yesterday on root logins at the same time I posted it on MacNN forums (which I've used for 2 years). I'm happy to report I got the answer I was looking for on ehMac rather than MacNN. That's impressive, given the much smaller size of the Canadian Mac Community!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Other than B.Mac, there is also the Compucentre at Rideau Centre that has Macs and Mac stuff.

There is also a NorthStar Computers which never had a good rep, but lately sounds like they've cleaned up their act snce their move. they are further south down merivale, but I can't find an address.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
B.Mac is your best bet for all-things-Mac, but if you are just looking for peripherals (sp?)...you can often get better deals at <gasp> Future Shop :rolleyes: or CompuCentre.

The Rideau Centre CompuCentre has a small section of popular Mac games and Software AND they will always price-match B.Mac (that has been my experience)...and they have a couple of Mac geeks who work there (you know who you are). ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VertiGoGo:
The Rideau Centre CompuCentre has a small section of popular Mac games and Software AND they will always price-match B.Mac (that has been my experience)...and they have a couple of Mac geeks who work there (you know who you are). ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do try and price-match, that is true. But B.Mac seems to have a less-wide selection of Games than Compucentre does 9considering CC is a small operation as well, B.Mac is not impressing me at all)

Oh, and the only Mac guy left there is Rick. He doesn't, to the best of my knowledge, frequent ehMac. And I haven't worked there since Sept 2000, so I'm not an employee there anymore...

:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.