ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a mac dealer in or around the north end of Toronto, preferably not far from Richmond Hill. My parents are thinking of getting a computer and I think I've talked them into getting an eMac. They would like to go to a dealer who has one up and running that they can look at.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Macaholic.

The purpose of my post was hopefully to get some first hand knowledge about dealers. Unfortunately that list put out by Apple tells me nothing about the particular resellers. If you notice FutureShop appears regularly yet I've yet to go in any of their stores and see an eMac that is still functioning. I'm not saying there isn't one somewhere but that has not been my experience lately.

My parents are computer illiterate and have no clue what to ask for. I'd like them to have a good shopping experience. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
For sure on the firsthand knowledge thing. yes, Futreshop is there, but so are many others listed. It's also comforting to know that there are more retailers than one probably thinks -- beyond Futureshop

That "Woody's GTA list" is good for "real" Mac dealers.

All good for the back-pocket. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
BTW, I've been to neither of the stores insertclevername suggested, but TRG looks inviting.

EDIT: Their used prices ARE INSANE, however :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
And Carbon has a swell environment for kicking the tires on different computers/perusing software and peripherals and learning/asking questions.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Though the prices for used macs and third party accessories may vary store to store, the prices for new Macs are controlled by Apple and every reseller has to sell at that price.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't like Carbon Computing? Sure they are a sponsor of ehMac but the couple of times I was at the new location the salespeople weren't helpful, definetly not a store I would recommend.

If you want a store downtown check out North Star Computer or Click on Mac solutions.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the advice folks. I have my favourite reseller in the GTA for my goodies, Global Graphics. ;)
I was looking for something north end or out of the city as my elderly dad prefers not to drive in the city anymore. The place in Aurora is perfect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Controlled Mac Price?

the prices for new Macs are controlled by Apple and every reseller has to sell at that price.
Dont want to jack the thread, but can anyone confirm this... Reason i ask is the afore mentioned trg Tech and accurate-tech both have different prices for the macbooks. Seems like trg's is severely outdated??

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
This may win the oldest thread resurrected award.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts