Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Great post, Randy. I have a bit of a dilemma in this regard.

When I did a fresh install of 10.13.6, I failed to notice the subsequent Security Updates were not installed.

But when I try to install what is presumably the latest Security Update for this OS, 2020-006, it won't complete & tells me this update is no longer recommended.

Think I should try again?

Lastly, I'd appreciate your suggestions for free AV software. I've been using free Malwarebytes but it tells me its updates are not current & "Check for Updates" does nothing. Scanning still works but it worries me I'm out of date to threats.

Thank you!

· Registered
312 Posts
Thanks, Randy.

That Eclectic Light article is really helpful! I have now updated HS to the max.

I’m not sure if a user should use more than one malware checker. MWB seems to work free. Should I care what those 24 pieces are doing? I mean, it’s overreach but so what? (FAF found 24!)

A checker, of course, is only as good as its updates!

Doesn’t EasyFind do the same job as Find Any File? (Also donationware.)

Ha! And I’ve just pared my appls down to the roots. I’ll keep these on hand. Lessee if I use them!

Don’t think anybody is targeting HS fogeys! I sure don’t think I need automated scanning. Have enough trouble with backing up fairly regularly!

bests,
CJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts