Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of curious here. Just recently purchased my MacBook and never received a sales receipt with the order nor in the mail. It's been 2 weeks, so I called about it and was told that it should have been included with the shipment. I'm sure it wasn't. In fact, I remember about 8 years ago when ordering my G4 350 desktop, the sales receipt came through the mail later. The person I just spoke with emailed me the receipt, but it is not the original. Anyone else have experience with this? Did you receive your sales receipt with your order? He said he wasn't ablr to send me the original, so that concerns me as some buyers like to have the original receipt.

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Kind of curious here. Just recently purchased my MacBook and never received a sales receipt with the order nor in the mail. It's been 2 weeks, so I called about it and was told that it should have been included with the shipment. I'm sure it wasn't. In fact, I remember about 8 years ago when ordering my G4 350 desktop, the sales receipt came through the mail later. The person I just spoke with emailed me the receipt, but it is not the original. Anyone else have experience with this? Did you receive your sales receipt with your order? He said he wasn't ablr to send me the original, so that concerns me as some buyers like to have the original receipt.
I would confirm with AppleCare that you are on their records. When I bought the eMac I made 4 returns to WestWorld for warranty issues. Not once did anyone ask for my receipt even when I exchanged my white lemon for a working computer.:)

Beyond that be sure to keep the cancelled check or credit card bill.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
If your ordered directly from Apple, it shouldn't be a problem, but it is weird that they didn't include a reciept in shipment.

Like eMacMan said, go to Apple - Support and enter your serial number to ensure you're in Apple's records and that your date of purchse is correct. As long as the serial # is in their system, you should be covered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts