Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
They ought to have this in software update. Much more convienent.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Since Safari is in beta and not an official product yet, sticking it in Software Update could make Apple liable for any possible damage it causes while it is clearly a beta, meaning it is not a finished product. No program is ever truly "finished" but by finished I mean a build that is ready for the customer and is completely supported (tech support, etc.) by the company. Safari is none of these yet...

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Just installed the update... seems to be running a little faster if thats possible

Runs much nicer, if thats possible too, but I noticed a speed thing right away... Finished my first post on here, quit, copy, open, and boom anywhere in less then a second...

·
Registered
344 Posts
just downloaded the update. eveything seems to be cool. since we're on the subject, anyone know anyhting about the security while on safari?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buck:
just downloaded the update. eveything seems to be cool. since we're on the subject, anyone know anyhting about the security while on safari?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure on that, but I know for sure it can't load Secure pages. When attempting to access pages that start with "https," it says "Not Found" even when the page does indeed exist and works under other browsers such as IE.

Hmm.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's UT?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
Thanks Patrick...

Cheers,

RtC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Lars wrote:
...but I know for sure it can't load Secure pages. When attempting to access pages that start with "https," it says "Not Found" even when the page does indeed exist and works under other browsers such as IE.

Apparently this has been fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick Gant:
What's UT?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
[qb]Thanks Patrick...

Cheers,

RtC
<HR></blockquote>[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,